Back To Listing
Staff Accountant CLT
Who We Are
Tryon Distributing is North Carolina’s premier wholesale distributor of domestic and import wines and beers. With headquarters in Charlotte, NC, Tryon Distributing services the entire state of North Carolina and is committed to delivering premium quality alcoholic beverages to a growing customer base.
To assist and support Controller with various reconciliations needed for monthly financial close. Perform additional tasks necessary for supplier billings and collections, excise & sales tax reporting, corporate credit card and employee reimbursement reviews, daily deposit verification and cash reconciliation.
• Daily cash reconciliations, and deposit verification.
• Monthly general ledger clearing account reconciliations and expense reviews as tasked by Controller
• Create and send supplier bill-backs which include monthly depletion allowances, samples, returned bad product, tastings, trade shows, and empty kegs.
• Supplier collections which included applying payments/credits to account receivable supplier portfolio, inquire on short-payments, follow-up on overdue bill-backs, and coordinate with brand managers on supplier payment status.
• Monthly excise and sales taxes reporting
• Review and process monthly company credit cards and employee reimbursements
• Miscellaneous projects tasked out by CFO or Controller
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
• 3-5 years accounting experience
• Ability to interpret financial and operational data
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Proficient in 10-key calculator by touch • Excellent Customer Service skills
• Outstanding Verbal & Written Communication Skills
• Ability to multi-task with minimal errors
• Must be a team player and work well under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of safe work practices
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Experience as Staff Accountant or in a position with similar duties and responsibilities
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of ERP systems (Encompass), QuickBooks Enterprise, and ADP Payroll
Accepted file types: .jpg and .pdf Max file size 8 MB