Back To Listing
Route Relief CLT
Who We Are
Tryon Distributing is North Carolina’s premier wholesale distributor of domestic and import wines and beers. With headquarters in Charlotte, NC, Tryon Distributing services the entire state of North Carolina and is committed to delivering premium quality alcoholic beverages to a growing customer base.
The Route Relief position supports the Sales Department in its objectives to meet our customers’ needs through upselling/cross-selling and providing superior customer service. Employees in this position are expected to provide coverage for sales routes and to perform service-related tasks when necessary.
• Ensure customer loyalty by providing outstanding customer service.
• Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
• Learn and be available to support all sales routes. Provide route coverage as needed.
• Stock, merchandise and rotate product on displays and shelves according to industry standards.
• Support and assist Delivery Drivers on major deliveries by unloading product, checking in and stocking orders.
• Responsible for collecting payment(s) from the customer.
• Build displays and assist with store resets as needed.
• Responsible for daily activities reports within assigned territory.
• Must be 21 or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have a clean driving record
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Outstanding Verbal & Written Communication Skills
• Ability to multi-task with minimal errors
• Must be a team player and work well under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of safe work practices
• Ability to work in hot and cold conditions and in all types of weather
• Ability to drive safely in all kinds of weather and road conditions
• Must be able to lift up to 140 lbs
• Must be able to easily recognize colors, sizes and types of products
• Must be able to accurately count, add, and subtract without the use of calculators.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Previous sales, merchandising, or pull-up experience
• Previous food service or distribution experience
• Intimate knowledge of wine, beer and the Tryon Portfolio
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with a material handling equipment (i.e. hand truck, dolly, pallet jack).
Accepted file types: .jpg and .pdf Max file size 8 MB