Who We Are
Tryon Distributing is North Carolina’s premier wholesale distributor of domestic and import wines and beers. With headquarters in Charlotte, NC, Tryon Distributing services the entire state of North Carolina and is committed to delivering premium quality alcoholic beverages to a growing customer base.
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- 1 year
- Business Development
The Chain Sales Specialist is responsible for meeting clearly defined service expectations with each chain customer and executing volume, distribution, shelf space and display strategies in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances our position in our chain accounts. The Chain Sales Specialist is expected to achieve their goals via the utilization of strong industry and product knowledge to deliver solutions to our chain customers.
• Achievement of key objectives to include case volume, dollar volume, gross profit, and authorized shelf, distribution and display programs.
• Provide service for each chain customer to meet agreed upon standards for back-stock organization, shelf stock, cold stock, and execution of planograms for displays and shelf.
• Ensure positive customer relationships based in open and detailed communication, product education and a commitment to proactively act against store opportunity or concerns in cooperation with supervisor.
• Understands and works with store management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations, and by alerting management to possible changes in demand.
• Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner
• Troubleshoot issues with customers to provide problem resolution
• Inform customers of pricing, shipping dates, anticipated delays
• Take a consistent and accurate inventory as agreed upon with store and generate an accurate order that maximizes product availability within guidelines set by store.
• Enter and edit orders accurately and within required timeframes
• Follow up on all orders to ensure delivery by specified dates
• Deliver product to customers when required
• Perform training with customers about product, and sampling events for consumers as directed by supervisor.
• Run an establish route consistently to ensure proper account coverage, and complete required surveys or tracking forms accurately and consistently.
• Must be 21 or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have a clean driving record
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Outstanding Verbal & Written Communication Skills
• Ability to multi-task with minimal errors
• Must be a team player and work well under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of safe work practices
• Ability to work in hot and cold conditions and in all types of weather
• Ability to drive safely in all kinds of weather and road conditions
• Must be able to easily recognize colors, sizes and types of products
• Must be able to accurately count, add, and subtract without the use of calculators
•High School Diploma or GED
• Previous sales, merchandising, or pull-up experience
• Intimate knowledge of wine, beer and the Tryon Portfolio
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with a material handling equipment (i.e. hand truck, dolly, pallet jack)